Supporting businesses to grow and prosper is the essence of SWIFT’s focus. One way we do that is by offering loans from $50,000 for businesses to implement their strategy for growth. Here are the things you need to know as a business.
SWIFT’s interest is in South Waikato, so businesses must be located or in the process of relocating/expanding to the region to meet loan application criteria.
We are very interested in the following:
- Applications that assist the business in creating jobs in the South Waikato area, particularly in hiring employees from the South Waikato.
- Applications to create new business and/or growth opportunities within the South Waikato, possibilities including and not limited to relocation/expansion/plant/ equipment.
- Level of personal investment in the business or start-up project and/or other joint venture partner’s involvement.
- Businesses that value sustainable employment at various levels and employee growth including those businesses who enable people to enter the workforce and provide upskilling opportunities.
- The business plan with the financial forecast and scope for local procurement and/ or partnerships.
- The business’ commitment to provide training for staff, as well as opportunities for career development and growth such as apprenticeships. Added consideration is also given to businesses creating a new service, product and/ or innovation in the South Waikato, as well as those delivering and/ or enhancing community infrastructure that encourages external promotion of the South Waikato district.
SWIFT reviews all applications, and those who meet the criteria are subject to further evaluation by independent experts before a loan offer is made. The process is expected to take four- six weeks. If successful, there is a loan administration fee of $5,000 to be paid by the borrower to contribute to legal costs. Loans must be accepted within three months of an offer being presented by SWIFT and funds must be accessed within six months.
In addition to the loan, SWIFT will facilitate business support services to encourage the development of future growth strategies throughout the duration of the loan period, at no charge to the business.
COMMUNITY GRANT APPLICATIONS
SWIFT has formed the following objectives when considering community grant applications:
- Support viable and reputable organisations with projects that benefit the South Waikato district and community.
- While jobs are an essential measure for business loans, grant applications focus on the below areas –
- Supporting the delivery of educational and training opportunities for the people of the South Waikato District to enable them to enter the workforce and;
- Supporting the delivery/enhancement of community infrastructure that encourages business/investment and/or the quality of life of South Waikato residents
Requirements for grant requests are as follows:
- Grant applicants must be ‘not-for-profit’ entities in or serving the South Waikato.
- SWIFT will fund no more than 70% of the total project cost.
- The minimum grant amount is $25,000 to ensure large-scale impact projects. The return on investment is required to match the quantum of the funding request.
- Grant applications must showcase an understanding of long-term planning and recognise community outcomes rather than simply focusing on deliverables or outputs.
- Evaluation measures must be identified and reported on annually.
- Applicants must show the ability to collaborate with others and recognise partnership opportunities.
The annual grant round will be open from 1 August – 15 September 2022.
If your business or organisation fits the above criteria and you would like to apply for a business loan or community grant, please click on the appropriate link below to apply. If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will contact you.